[Samba] Passive file server.

Lawson, Bob P blawson at howmet.com
Wed Oct 27 14:31:58 GMT 2004

I am trying to get Samba running on RH Linux 9 to act as a file server and authenticate
against the domain.  I don't want it to be actively involved in Active Directory or be
a domain controller.  I do not have the ability to add a machine to AD.

All I'm looking for is, when a user wants to access a share that the user is authenticated
against the domain and if they are a valid user grant them access.

I have this configuration running with VisionFS on SCO/Unix and just trying to replicate
this environment.

With Samba I keep getting messages like:
	could not fetch trust account password for domain.

Any help on how to configure it to do this would be appreciated.

Bob Lawson
Georgetown  Casting