[Samba] Problem changing pw from win2k & xp

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Oct 27 13:35:16 GMT 2004

rmi wrote:

>Hi here,
>
>I have the following problem:
>I have win98 / Win XP pro / Win2k Pro clients and a samba 3.0.2a server.

<snip>

>Does any1 have a clue on how i can resolve this

Pretty sure that's an issue with a patch from MS which I can't remember
the number, and that was fixed in a release later than 3.0.2a, maybe
.4?  Upgrade to newest, or newest you're comfortable with.  A lot of
people seem to be running .5 vs. the .7 release around here.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322