[Samba] 3.0.8pre2 RPMs

Björn JACKE samba at j3e.de
Wed Oct 27 10:56:28 GMT 2004

Hi,

there are RPMs available now Samba 3.0.8pre2 on the SerNet ftp-server:

ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/

Currently we have pre2 RPMs for

SuSE 8.2
SuSE 9.0
SuSE 9.1
SuSE 9.2 (i386 and x86_64)
SLES 8 (i386)
SLES 9 (i386 and x86_64)
RHEL3 (i386)

s390 and s390x versions for SLES will follow later.

be aware that our RHEL3 RPMs have a different package style than the RPMs
which Red Hat ships; our RPMs have the SuSE package style. We also
statically link against a patched heimdal kerberos to get better ADS support
with Windows 2003 and do not use MIT kerberos like Red Hat does.

Cheers
Bjoern
--
Björn Jacke,  SerNet Service Network GmbH
Phone: +49-(0)551-370000-0,  Fax: +49-(0)551-370000-9