[Samba] Samba 3.0.7 is broken

ODC odc-public at hotpop.com
Tue Oct 26 18:08:50 GMT 2004

Kenneth Marshall wrote:

> We had a similar problem with 3.0.7 where hostname based authentication
> failed, but IP based succeeded. The problem was an incorrect krb5.conf
> file in our case. The specific lines that were missing were (from the
> HowTo):
>
> [domain_realms]
> 	.kerberos.server = YOUR.KERBEROS.REALM
>
> For whatever reason, the earlier version managed to work without
> those lines. Just another data point.
>
> --Ken

I tried that, no dice.

Since you guys and gals are looking after it, I'll just sit tight for
the next rev to be patched.

Here is my krb5.conf:

=krb5.conf=
[libdefaults]
         default_realm = SAMBA.LOCAL
         default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
         default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
         permitted_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
         krb4_config = /etc/krb.conf
         krb4_realms = /etc/krb.realms
         kdc_timesync = 1
         ccache_type = 4