[Samba] Third party LDAP as backend

ljerem at fi.uba.ar ljerem at fi.uba.ar
Tue Oct 26 15:46:37 GMT 2004

Hi,
I'm planning a Samba3 new installation. I need to make Samba interact with
a third party directory server (it's a standard implementation that can be
accessed with ldapsearch, ldapadd, etc). Is it possible to use ldapsam
with an LDAP directory that's not running under OpenLDAP? If not, is there
any replication tool, so that, at least I'm able to replicate
user/password account information from the DS to some local Samba backend?
And another one: what's the recommended backend for a single PDC
infrastructure and less than 200 users?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian