[Samba] Stale NFS file handle

Mister Amazing mr_amazing99 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 09:25:30 GMT 2004

Trying to mount a shared folder in Windows server 2003. Fixed the "hang" problem but can't seem to work through the "Stale NFS file handle" problem. Has there been a work-around for this yet?

Problem description:

Windows 2003
RedHat 9
Samba 3.0.7

mount -t smbfs //server.name/share.name /mnt/point -o username=uname,password=pword

Seems to mount ok, however when trying to access the contents of the share, e.g. cd to the /mnt/point and ls the files, I get a "Stale NFS file handle"

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mister Amazing!