[Samba] Samba + Mac OS + printing

Shafeek Sumser io_freak at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 05:33:55 GMT 2004

Hi,

In my LAN, I have a debian server where samba 3.0.7-1
is intalled and act as a PDC for my windows os suite.
I have a printer connected to my computer and I have
share it which work find for my windows without
problem.

Now, on the other part on my network, I have about 10
Mac OS computer (8.2 & 9.2 series). On my debian
server i have install netatalk in order to be able to
share files between windows clients and Mac OS
clients.

In the appletalk network, I have two flashers (Big
printers for graphics) namely Agfa accuset 1000 and
Agfa avanta 2525.  These flashers are shared only in
the Mac OS network.

My aim is to allow some graphics designers working on
windows and valid users to be able to print on these
flashers.  I saw that netatalk permit to share printer
through papd.conf and printcap.

How can I do it in samba??

Thanks

A+