[Samba] Kerberos vs NTLM 0.12 in Samba log files...

Melfi.Marcello at hydro.qc.ca Melfi.Marcello at hydro.qc.ca
Mon Oct 25 17:48:14 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to make Samba 3.0.7 work with ADS security mode. In the Win2K3
server's Event Viewer, I see the client's logon. In that log entry's
properties, I see that the "logon process" used is Kerberos. However, in the
Samba log files, the protocol selected is "NTLM 0.12" and I see a lot of
Samba log entries regarding NTLM authentication, nothing about "Kerberos" or
"KRB5".

Am I using Kerberos or what?  What log entries should I be looking for in
the Samba log files that would be a clear indication that Kerberos is being
used for the client's logons?

Regards,

Marcello