[Samba] How to Start swat on RH 9.0

R. S. Patil kpr_rspatil at sancharnet.in
Sun Oct 24 17:52:58 GMT 2004

Hello Friends,

I am in Process of Migrating from Suse 8.2 to RH 9.0
On Suse I am Used to Config Samba through Swat.
Swat was installed by selecting respective rpm and
only thing i have to do was to start the Service.

With RH 9.0 I was unable to select exactly which rpms to be
installed since the installation procedure asked me to do
category wise selection only (since its my First Installation
of RH I was following the default screens came in my way)

I have just downloaded the latest samba-3.0.7-1_rh9.i386.rpm
from web site and I would like to know whether it will install
swat by default or i have to get another separate rpm for that ?

If what ever i have got by default from RH 9.0 installation CDs
can I start swat and do my configuration ?

if there is better way of Configuring Samba in a GUI pl suggest me

Thanks and Best Regards

R. S. Patil