[Samba] Samba 3.0.7 is broken

ODC odc-public at hotpop.com
Fri Oct 22 22:26:19 GMT 2004

I'm running Debian woody with all stable packages w/e to samba which is
from the backports collection.

Basically 3.0.5 works, 3.0.6 and 3.0.7 do not.

By not working, I mean connecting from a windows workstation results in
a login and password prompt and a 'Failed to verify incoming ticket'
error in the logs.  This behaviour occurs with accessing it via
"\\hostname\"; when its accessed via "\\ip-address\", it works perfectly.

Nothing has changed with the configuration and this is stumping me.
Because 3.0.5 works pefectly with both hostname and ip-address, 3.0.6 /
7 does not.

Any ideas ? I was hoping it was a glitch in the 3.0.6 package, but I
don't want to stay behind too long as this is a public server.

Thank you.

--
ODC <odc-public at hotpop.com>
Public E-Mail Drop