[Samba] automatically authenticate domain logged-on users in apache with AD/NTDOM?

awilliam at whitemice.org awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Oct 22 20:47:38 GMT 2004

> What I want is to skip the login prompt and instead authenticate using a
> NTLM/Kerberos ticket...

Yes.

> > > What is happening between the web server & the web client? Is the
> > > protocol  open or reverse engineered? Can this authentication be done
> > > using apache @  unix (perhaps by apache interacting with samba somehow)?
> > On the server side - yes, even current versions of SASL support NTLM.
> Hmm, but there's no mod_sasl around, so I don't see how that will help?

No, you don't use SASL for apache, but you might for Cyrus, etc...

Squid has it's own NTLM support,  several mechanism exist for doing NTLM
or GSSAPI via apache.

http://modntlm.sourceforge.net/
http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/configure.html

http://meta.cesnet.cz/cms/opencms/en/docs/software/devel/negotiate.html