[Samba] Ads_connect: Server not found in Kerberos database

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Thu Oct 21 22:47:46 GMT 2004

Corral, Randy wrote:

>I am trying to configure Samba 3.0.6 on Solaris 8 and I am receiving this
>errror:
>
>Utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(183)
>Ads_connect: Server not found in Kerberos database
>

>Here is a copy of the krb5.conf file:
>
>[libdefaults]
>    ticket_lifetime = 600
>    default_realm = BROOKS.COM
>    kdc_req_checksum_type = 2
>    checksum_type = 2
>    ccache_type = 1
>    default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
>    default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc

Can you possibly use des-cbc-md5 ?  Or better yet, rc4-hmac?

rc4-hmac is the default etype in MS server.
There is a settable flag in the computer object userAccountControl for
UF_USE_DES_KEY_ONLY (0x200000) , but nothing comparable for des-cbc-crc.

It would be difficult if not impossible to do with des-cbc-crc.

Regards, Doug