[Samba] 3.0.7 name collision!

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Thu Oct 21 21:38:57 GMT 2004

Still gathering data on this one, but it's easy to reproduce the case
insensitive collision.

AIX 5.2 Samba 3.0.7.

in unix create two dirs on a user's [homes] share:

CISS-102
ciss-102

put files from windows (I used XP sp1) into just one of them, then go and
view the other. they have the same contents. on fresh smbd, if you start
with the empty dir then both appear empty.

When the student copied a file from one dir to the other in windows you
get "file" plus "Copy of file" in both. Not good.

I'll have more details posted when I'm done with class tonight as I am
creating this in development so I can get a log level 10 for just one
station.

Bill