[Samba] Browsing between linux boxes - clarification

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 16:31:18 GMT 2004

On Thursday 21 Oct 2004 15:47, Holger Krull wrote:
> >>By the way what is the output of
> >>lsof /Public
> >>that means is there really someone working on it?
> >
> > lsof /Public
> > lsof: WARNING: can't stat() smbfs file system
> > /home/anne/smb4k/DAVID/Public Output information may be incomplete.
> > COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE  NODE NAME
> > smbd    31553 root  cwd    DIR  33,12 4096 48961 /Public
>
> That looks odd, is this lsof on the client side or server side?
This lsof on the server.

> How do you mount on the client?
In this case, using smb4k, but using LinNeighborhood gives the same symptoms,
though I haven't tried the lsof command with a directory locked up.

> Are you resharing a smb mounted directory?
No.  /Public is a directory on this box, the server, purely for file sharing
and available to all.  At the moment only one box is mounted, the one that
can't umount.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302