[Samba] Re: Applications that need admin privileges

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Thu Oct 21 04:02:33 GMT 2004

What 'doze OS?  Can your users use the runas facility?  Alternatively,
you could add access privledges for the local Power Users group to the
binary executeable, or shortcut, which ever is best. Software installs
often botch the security settings on shortcuts makeing them only
accessible by an Administrator.

> Hi guys, I have a working samba and openldap pdc which is actively being tested. I have a group of users that have specifics tools to use such as oracle client tools (sqlplus etc). I tried to logon as a test user and run the sqlplus but nothing happened, I tried adding this user to the local poweruser group but it produced the same result. Can this be achieved?
>
> It works fine if this user is a member of local admin group which I dont want to do because I want to limit what they can do to their workstations. Anyone out here who had a similar experience? Thanks for any help
>
> Jan

>   Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|