[Samba] Re: Can't ssh with administrator user

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Thu Oct 21 03:55:30 GMT 2004

This user is not supposed to log in but if you insist:

Ensure that the user has both a valid login directory and a valid login
shell.  Login shell is often set to something that cannot be used to
prevent users from using the Administrator account in just such a manner.

There is no reason to log in as this user as facilities are provided on
Windows 2K/XP/(NT?) to run programs as the Administrator without logging
in.  I'll be glad to give you some tips on how to do this off list if
you wish, rather than see you go down this road.

> why  i can't ssh from other host with Administrator user :
> [root at harapan-4 root]# ssh Administrator at 192.168.150.1
> Administrator at 192.168.150.1's password:
> Last login: Wed Oct 20 07:23:04 2004 from dadang
> Connection to 192.168.150.1 closed.
> but i am success join domain with this user.
> sorry my bad languange.
> regard,
> dadang

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|