[Samba] Problems using admin users option on share

Spencer samba at aib.com
Wed Oct 20 16:55:53 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have set the admin users option on my share in the following manner:

clip....
[augusta_vol1]
        comment = L: Drive
        path = /home/augusta_vol1
        create mask = 0770
        directory mask = 0770
        admin users = stuttle
        hide unreadable = no
        writable = Yes
        vfs objects = recycle
        recycle:repository = .recycle/%U
        recycle:keeptree = yes
        recycle:versions = yes
        recycle:touch = yes

clip.....

I am trying to access the following files and get access denied in windows:

[root at bluestar augusta_vol1]# ll
total 584
drwx---r-x   36 root     root         4096 Oct 11  2003 APPS
drwx------   18 root     root         4096 Oct 13  2003 CLIP52
drwx---r-x   92 root     root         8192 Feb 24  2004 COMMON
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 Oct 11  2003 GROUPS
drwx------    9 lwilson  hr          24576 Jun  4 10:56 HRPR
drwx------    5 root     root         4096 Oct 13  2003 PROGRAM
drwxrwx---   34 lbateman it           4096 Jun 23 13:32 SBA Image Files
-rwxr-----    1 root     root       210704 Sep 22 14:12 SRVMGR.EXE
drwx---r-x   91 root     root         8192 Oct 13 10:29 USERS
-rwxr-----    1 root     root       305936 Sep 22 14:12 USRMGR.EXE
drwxr-xr-x   21 root     root         4096 Jan  1  1980 WINAPPS
[root at bluestar augusta_vol1]#

I cannot access CLIP52 GROUPS HRPR PROGRAM SRVMGR.EXE USERMGR.EXE

The other folder I can get into because of the r-x on the world portion
but I was hoping admin users would let me go everywhere..

Any ideas...

Thanks
Spencer Tuttle
American Investment Bank