[Samba] (no subject)

Schreiber Martin martin.a.schreiber at siemens.com
Wed Oct 20 15:26:36 GMT 2004

Hi Jerry,

thanks a lot for your replay , but ...

I think its my mistake , my problem description wasnt the best i fear, so
let me try  again;

situation is as following :

AD users can connect to a given share without any problem , the users are
pure (AD)NT-USERS , without any unix-pendant . Now the problem; I am not
able to restrict connections to a given AD group , getent group $group|grep
$usr shows me the user is in the requested AD group, but

valid users = "domain\group"

fails in every combination

Additionally i have to make clear , that this groups only exist in AD , not
on unix host , maybe thats the problem

I also tried to "expand"  the valid users directive like

valid users = `getent groups $groupname`

think i have overlooked an important point..., but may be theres a
workaround

thanks in advance for your efforts

kind regards			martin  schreiber

      Siemens Business Services