[Samba] Connect via IP vs. Netbios name

Brian Perkins Brian_Perkins at lionbridge.com
Wed Oct 20 14:25:19 GMT 2004

I am having a issue with connecting to samba shares (OSX).  I am able to
connect to all share however depending on what method that I use to
connect to the shares I get very different performance results.  For
example if I connect to \\server\share it takes 2-3 seconds for each
directory to either appear or to viewable.  On the other side if I
connect using \\x.x.x.x\share directory access is instantaneous.

After doing some research I have discovered that I am getting a "NT
the IP address to connect to the share.

Does any one have an Idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

Brian