[Samba] Samba 3.0.7 & OpenLDAP performance problem

Hannu Tikka hannu.tikka at rpkk.fi
Wed Oct 20 08:02:13 GMT 2004

> hi,
> sorry if this topic already exists, but i haven't found a solution yet.
> I am using a Samba PDC with OpenLDAP.
> After updating my Samba 2.2.7 to version 3.0.7, I encountered the
> following problem : All my Windows-clients are able to logon to the Domain
> but it takes several minutes until the Client finally is logged on. If I
> try to open a directory that is stored on the server, it takes several
> minutes, too.
> The profiles I am using are not stored on the server except their
> home-directories.
> I testet the Samba update several times on a VMware machine with virtual
> server and clients and it worked perfectly every try.
> thanks for help,
> greetings,
> c.triebstein


I got same kind of effect after upgrading 3.0.5 -> 3.0.7.
OpenLDAP + perbuilt Samba on SuSE 8.2
(downgraded back to 3.0.5 and everything is ok again)


More information about the samba mailing list