[Samba] Newbie question

Michael Plate Michael.Plate at quantum.com
Wed Oct 20 06:15:49 GMT 2004

I'm trying to set up shares to a Windows 2003 server. I have the shares
visible and can do some things on them but I can't run the executables on
them.  The executables are issuing an access() call from within the Cygwin
environment and it returns an ENOENT error.  A look at the security for the
share shows that Everyone can read and execute in the share directory but
can only read and not execute in the subfolders.  I can't change this from
the Windows machine so how do I change my linux host to allow this kind of
access?  Thanks.

Mike Plate'