[Samba] Experience on using Samba with XP SP2

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Tue Oct 19 21:00:11 GMT 2004

Gerald (Jerry) Carter schrieb:

> |>We have problems with printing after installing XP SP2.
> |>In nearly every software it takes about 10 seconds to 30 seconds, if you
> |>click on "Print-Button" and wait for the print dialogue window.
> |>Extremly slow are programs like MS Word (30 seconds, when you open a
> |>document the first time).
> |

> | same problem here. This a known but _unresolved_ problem for
> | Samba 3.0.7 and 2.2.12 - you can read about in the mailing
> | list archive (read the complete threads):
> |
> | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=109410258903823&w=2
> | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=108006188614178&w=2
>
> Unresolved may be a little too strong.

tried to verify with my own setup - can not reproduce it with or without
xp firewall :(

 > I'm pretty sure the
 > problem is the XP firewall.  Can you send me a level 10 debug
 > log with timestamps so I can verify?

But we have some users with this problem, level 10 debug log is pending
(Samba 2.2.12).
With level 3 there only were these messages in the log:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=109421179803704&w=2
http://lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de/mailman/htdig/eisfair/2004-August/066507.html

--
der tom