[Samba] Called name not present

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 21:00:21 GMT 2004

I have been searching around for solutions to this but none of worked.

I am trying to mount a drive over the Internet to my house.  Very
ugly, but it should work, no?  I am pretty certain that I have opened
all the correct ports.

Here is the root of the problem:
davt01-linux:~ # smbclient -I ip.address -L td-home
session request to TD-HOME failed (Called name not present)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Called name not present)

davt01-linux:~ # nmblookup -U ip.address -R -A ip.address
Looking up status of ip.address
       TD-HOME         <00> -         B <ACTIVE>
       WORKGROUP          <00> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>

       MAC Address = 00-50-DA-C2-92-11

C:\Documents and Settings\td>nbtstat -n

Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.1.13] Scope Id: []

               NetBIOS Local Name Table

      Name               Type         Status
   TD-HOME        <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
   WORKGROUP         <00>  GROUP       Registered

C:\Documents and Settings\td>

Thanks for any help!