[Samba] Samba and Active Directory

Mike Kelly mike at piratehaven.org
Tue Oct 19 20:45:09 GMT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:01:05PM -0500, Kevin Riggins wrote:
> I had to add the following lines to the [libdefaults] section of my
> /etc/krb5.conf file to get it working:
>
>   default_tgs_enctypes = rc4-hmac
>   default_tkt_enctypes = rc4-hmac
>   dns_lookup_realm = false
>   dns_lookup_kdc = false

I already had:
 default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
 default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false

But adding "rc4-hmac" did not help.

> This assumes you are trying to connect to a Win2K Domain Controller.  I
> don't know if it works with a 2003 server.

My AD server is running 2003 Server, so I guess this means that the above
doesn't work with 2003.  ):

I'm open to any other ideas you might have.

Thanks,

Mike
(:

--