[Samba] Making Red Hat 3 Authenticate against AD Domain

Kevin Riggins kevin.riggins at comdev.com
Tue Oct 19 18:18:04 GMT 2004

The default version of kerberos that ships with RHEL AS is 1.2 something
and the default samba rpm is built against this version.  In order for a
samba box to become a member of an active directory domain, Kerberos
1.3+ is required. This is why it is necessary to download the latest
binary of kerberos from the following location and download and compile
Samba.

Kerberos:
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/krb5/1.3/krb5-1.3.5-i686-pc-linux-gnu.t
ar