[Samba] Re: Authenticating PPTP users against Samba/LDAP

smurfie at egocentrique.com smurfie at egocentrique.com
Fri Oct 22 14:23:47 GMT 2004

Maybe you should try with a radius server, connected to your ldap server.
But even with Radius, no chap against encrypted samba passwords in the ldap
backend .. i've spent a few weeks trying to get it work for
wifi/802.1x/TTLS. Only found way was to have passwords stored as cleartext
in the ldap, which i didn't want. Maybe there was another solution, i just
couldn't spend so much time on it.

BTW i'm very interested if you can have any solution to work, even if it's
VPN related, cause i'll also have to do it in the few months =)

Arnauld