[Samba] Re: ADS valid users can't map share

Melfi.Marcello at hydro.qc.ca Melfi.Marcello at hydro.qc.ca
Tue Oct 19 17:21:59 GMT 2004

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I do use the username map file with Samba 3.0.2a and the DOMAIN
security mode.

The Samba share is accessed by many workstations exporting data files (via a
background application) to it on a regular basis. There is no need to log on
the Samba box therefore all workstations are using the same Windows account
and this account is associated to a Unix one via the username map file.

I am trying to do the same with Samba 3.0.7 and the ADS security mode.

Note: Although it is up to the Samba team to determine the specifications of
the product, I do hope that the backward compatibility is kept as much as
possible.

Regards,

Marcello