[Samba] Making Red Hat 3 Authenticate against AD Domain

Kevin Riggins kevin.riggins at comdev.com
Tue Oct 19 16:09:42 GMT 2004

I also thought of something else, make sure you are using the binaries
that were installed by the new Kerberos package.  I accomplished this by
putting /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin at the beginning of my path
statement.  This needs to be done prior to compiling Samba, because
Samba uses the krb5-config command to configure itself for Kerberos.

If `which kinit` returns anything other than /usr/local/bin, this is
contributing to the problem.

My bad, sorry.

No services are necessary for the Kerberos portion of the setup.

Kevin