[Samba] REVISED: Nobody can join domain (was W2K can't join 3.0.7 domain)

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Tue Oct 19 13:56:44 GMT 2004

On Monday 18 October 2004 14:51, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
> W2K reports "User not found" when I try to join the domain.  However, the
> machine account is indeed created in LDAP!  But the machine doesn't think
> it has joined.

I also can't join from a Linux system.  Here is what I get:

baa:/home/misty # net rpc join -SCORPSRV -U root
Password:
Create of workstation account failed
Unable to join domain CORP1.

But the machine account is created fine in LDAP, it's in the right ou, has the
right GID and everything.  Can someone give me a clue what might be happening
here?  I assume it's the same problem with the W2K system as well.

Misty