[Samba] Intermittent "Network name cannot be found" error when accessing XP roaming profile

David Wilson dave-home at dcdata.co.za
Mon Oct 18 20:13:48 GMT 2004

Further to my email earlier....
I've come across
http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ProfileMgmt.html#id2577285
This explains that a group policy must be set up so that "Do not check
for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders" is enabled.
Does anyone know of another way to do this other than doing it through
active directory or on each XP workstation ?
Could this be what's causing the problem I'm experiencing ?

Thank you in advance.

David.