[Samba] samba 3.0.5 dying

Scott C Klimek sklimek at csc.com
Mon Oct 18 14:03:12 GMT 2004

Samba seems to die now that we have an increase of users accessing it.  It
seems to lock up and I have to stop/start it. Here is my conf file.  Is
there something I am overlooking?  I am fairly new to SAMBA.

[global]
; [general settings]
   server string = Restricted Access File Server
   workgroup = unix-smb
;   netbios name = CAD
   wins server = 136.180.45.97
   lock directory = /opt/samba/var/locks
   log file = /opt/samba/var/samba.log
   log level = 2
   interfaces = 136.180.70.24/255.255.255.0
#   interfaces = 136.180.69.99/255.255.255.0
   bind interfaces only = yes
; [security settings]
   hosts allow = 136.180. 127.
   password server = is002906, is002907, is002908
   min protocol = NT1
   lanman auth = No

; [performance settings]
   dead time = 5
   max open files = 1000
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
   getwd cache = yes

 netbios aliases = cad caerh pub asd
; include = /opt/samba/lib/smb.conf.caerh
 include = /opt/samba/lib/smb.conf.%L

Scott Klimek
CSC - Unix Admin.
(586) 825-5701