[Samba] Can not access server after joining domain

Dusan Djordjevic dj.dule at beotel.yu
Mon Oct 18 15:11:23 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I use Samba 3.0.9 installed from .deb packages on Debian Woody system.
Here is config file:

[global]
workgroup = testdomen
netbios name = HASERVER
server string = File Server
interfaces = 192.168.0.50 127.0.0.1
bind interfaces only = Yes
security = domain
password server = *

use sendfile = no

encrypt passwords = Yes
obey pam restrictions = Yes
pam password change = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50
load printers = No
show add printer wizard = No
dns proxy = No
# socket address = 192.168.0.50
map to guest = Bad User
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind separator = +
winbind enum users = Yes
winbind enum groups = Yes
invalid users = root
include = /etc/samba/Shares.conf

I can start samba and it seems to work fine. When I issue:

net rpc join -U dj.dule%password

it says it joined domain:

Joined domain TESTDOMEN.

wbinfo -u lists all users properly.

I have few shares defined, including public one.

But when i try to access server through network (either from XP Pro, or
Win 2000 clients) it asks for user/password. Whatever user/password i
try to use, server is still inaccessible.

Any ideas ?

TIA...

--
Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE)