[Samba] Problem in SAMBA Installation & Configuration

shailesh kale dallyak at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 11:55:59 GMT 2004

Hello,

I m in the process of installing SAMBA3.07 in my
network.I have installed 1.2.4-1.krb5-devel,
krb5-libs,krb5-workstation.i have installed SAMBA
also.Now while testing the kerberos connection with
the command/usr/kerberos/bin/bin/kinit
username at domainname iget the following error
message

"/usr/kerberos/bin/kinit:relocation error:
/usr/kerberos/lib/libkrb4.so.2:symbolerrno,
version
GLIBC_2.0not defined in file libc.so.6with link
time
reference".
Also when i try to bind it gives following message
"Bindingtodomainwithcommand/usr/bin/netjoin-U
username-Sdomainname..

usernamepassword:
[2004/10/0717:13:16,0]
libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(136)
kerberos_kinit_passwordusername at domainname
failed:Cannot find KDC for requested realm
[2004/10/0717:13:16,0]
utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(183)
ads_connect:Cannot find KDC for requested realm
[2004/10/0717:13:16,0]
rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(256)
cli_nt_setup_creds:request challenge failed
[2004/10/0717:13:16,0]
rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(256)
cli_nt_setup_creds:request challenge failed
[2004/10/0717:13:16,0]
utils/net_rpc_join.c:net_rpc_join_newstyle(319)
Error domain join verification(reused
connection):
NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME

Unable to join domain"

Also i am not able to run KINIT deamon.
Also when i try to telnet into my ADCserver with port
88 as it gives me the same error message.

[root at punfs1etc]#/usr/kerberos/bin/kinit
veritas at internal.corp
/usr/kerberos/bin/kinit:relocation error:
/usr/kerberos/lib/libkrb4.so.2:symbol errno,version
GLIBC_2.0not defined in file libc.so.6with link  time
reference

can anybody throw some light on this issue.Also pl.if
you can proide me some guidelines for correct
configuration & tests points i would be highly
obliged.

Shailesh