[Samba] script in netlogon isn't run

Patrick DUBAU patrick.dubau at alsace.iufm.fr
Mon Oct 18 09:30:23 GMT 2004

I did what Mattia and DA Forsyth said :
- using unix2dos command (thks Mattia  apt-get install sysutils works
under Debian sarge) to have logon.bat in DOS format.
But the script still isn't played while logging.

New informations :
When i go to the share netlogon in network neighberhood i got the
sand-glass for a long time, then  i launch logon.bat it takes about 6
minutes to open a DOS windows and to run (the maping are then created).
Same behaviour when copying  logon.bat in the "commun'" share and try to
launch it from there.

DA Forsyth a écrit :

>On 14 Oct 2004 , Patrick DUBAU entreated about
> "[Samba] script in netlogon isn't run":
>
>} i have samba 3.0.7 and set a logon.bat script in /home/samba/netlogon
>} But when i log in my domaine (from a windows xp sp1 machine) "Domi" the
>} script isn't run, no error  message   at log in Just going on the share
>} "netlogon" i got the sand-hour and nothing more happens
>
>hi
>you don't need to map anything to the netlogon share, Windows does
>this by itself, temporarily during login
>
>make sure that the batch file is in DOS format not unix format.  I
>found that unix format won't run at all because it is read by Windows
>expecting a DOS format file.   I ensure this by setting up all my
>scripts via an 'editable' share on the netlogon folder by using a
>   write list = +admin
>and I am a member of the 'admin' group
>I do the mapping for this from the command line when I need it.
>

>--
>       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
>Principal Technical Officer  -- Institute for Water Research
>http://www.ru.ac.za/institutes/iwr/

Patrick DUBAU
IUFM d'Alsace -  Service Informatique : "Parfois détruire, souvent construire, toujours Servir"
200 avenue de Colmar 67100 STRASBOURG
Téléphone: 03.88.40.79.76