[Samba] Experience on using Samba with XP SP2

Walter Willmertinger willmertinger at consys.de
Mon Oct 18 08:14:42 GMT 2004

We have problems with printing after installing XP SP2.
In nearly every software it takes about 10 seconds to 30 seconds, if you
click on "Print-Button" and wait for the print dialogue window.
Extremly slow are programs like MS Word (30 seconds, when you open a
document the first time).

Another problem, (but I am sure it's not a samba related problem): In
some word documents you have problems viewing embedded graphics.
Sometimes you see the graphics, sometimes not. It is not a problem with
wrong settings (View - Use placeholders for Graphics). In preview there
is no graphics, maybe after some scrolling the graphics appear, on the
printout graphics are contained.

Samba installed is 3.0.7 (compiled on RH 9.0 with standard options)!

Regards, Walter

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Dr. Walter Willmertinger

CONSYS Gesellschaft für Softwaretechnologie und Systementwicklung mbH
Dr. Walter Willmertinger
Landsberger Strasse 402   EMail: willmertinger at consys.de
81241 Muenchen            Phone: 089-589 789 0
Germany                     Fax: 089-589 789 99
WWW-Homepage: http://www.consys.de
So finden Sie zu uns: http://mail.map24.com/consys-muenchen