[Samba] Re: smb_lookup: find //pagefile.sys failed

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Mon Oct 18 00:03:11 GMT 2004

This error message is reported by smbfs kernel module, it has nothing to
do with Samba... Probably, the error code reported in this message can
give you move information.

I just want to add that pagefile.sys is a special file (swap) under
Windows which is handled somewhat special and you can get similar error
message just checking permission on it. I'm not familiar with Fedore,
but some automatic file managers (like Nautilus) tend to browse files on
freshly mounted shares. My guess is that some file manager deamon
attempts to go into this directory for you.

Hope it helps,
Igor