[Samba] Re: samba 3.0.7 and OpenLDAP

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Sat Oct 16 03:54:23 GMT 2004

Mario Ohnewald wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> yet another OpenLDAP/Samba problem...
> OpenLDAP: slapd 2.2.17
> Samba: Version 3.0.7
> Debian stable with 2.4.27
>

> I am trying to do this howto (smb auth via ldap):
> http://www.idealx.org/prj/samba/smbldap-howto.en.html
>

> Even IF the user does not exits in my ldap table, why does smbd just
> exit? Do i start it the wrong way?
>

> This is the output of smbd -F -i -d 9 -S -s /etc/samba/smb.conf

This is expected behavior. When you start smbd as a deamon - it will run
forever forking children for each incoming request. After handling the
request child process exits. If you start it in the interactive mode it
will wait for the first request and then process the request as if it
were a spawn child.

Hope it helps,
Igor