[Samba] charset conversion

Michal Křivka krivka at centrum.cz
Fri Oct 15 20:27:50 GMT 2004

Hi,
Is there sombody, who can explain me, how charsets conversions are working
in Samba 3.0.7?

I have Mandrake 10.1box with Samba 3.0.7.
When is W2k box accessed, I can see czech chars as:
1.) on plain install: as number, beginning with :
2.) after mounting with iocharset=utf8,codepage=852, that czech chars are
converted to one char. It seems, that chars are taken as 852 CP chars and
converted to utf8 correctly. Problem is, that win box uses cp1250.
All my test with codepage=1250, codepagećp1250 ans so on were not
successfull.

What is wrong?
Thanks Mike