[Samba] Re: NT and XP clients cannot reach Samba PDC

jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 10:36:05 GMT 2004

"M Middleton" <middleton.m at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:27a807ce041013073061807005 at mail.gmail.com...
> When attempting to join my domain, the NT 4 Workstation and XP Pro
> clients cannot contact the domain controller.

What error message do you get?

>The Samba server is
> running normally, and can be connected to via IP address, but not by
> name.

What command are you using to connect to the server by IP address?

What command are you using to connect to the server by name?

What replies do you receive?

>Additionally, when I set up a DNS, it still could not contact
> the Samba server.  The clients and server are on the same subnet.

What command are you using and what message do you receive?

Is there a firewall running on the Samba server or on any of the
workstations?