[Samba] Any way to use Samba 2.2 with OpenLDAP directory using Samba 3 schema?

Jason Joines joines at bus.okstate.edu
Thu Oct 14 20:32:39 GMT 2004

	I'm in the process of upgrading OpenLDAP from 2.0 to 2.2 and many Samba
servers from 2.2 to 3.0 over the course of several weeks.  I have a test
setup using Samba 3 against OpenLDAP 2.2 with the Samba 3 schema.
	I would like to be able to point all my existing Samba 2.2 servers at
the new directory while they wait their turn to be upgraded.  I see that
Samba 2.2 allows me to specify an alternative ldap filter so I can tell
it to use (&(uid=%u)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount)) instead of
(&(uid=%u)(objectclass=sambaAccount)).  However, I would still need a
way to point passwords at sambaNTPassword instead of ntpassword among
other things?
	Any easy way to do this or should I just maintain two directories until
the last box is upgraded?

Jason Joines