[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0.7 & adding machines. Wrong primary group.

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Thu Oct 14 17:16:02 GMT 2004

I have a strange feeling that the clue is in the "server-manager" since
I don't use it to join domain at all.

I have Debian/unstable x86 Linux 2.6.7 Samba 3.0.7 as a PDC.
Workstation is WinXP Pro SP1.

To join domain I just go into System Properties/Computer Name/Change...
and put Domain name in the "Member of/Domain:" field. Then I click "Ok",
put Domain administrator's name and password in popuped "Computer Name
Changes" window, and click "Ok" again. After getting "Welcome to DOMAIN
domain." and "You must restart this computer for the changes to take
effect." popups I reboot and have computer as a domain member.

Do you join domain some other way?

Igor