[Samba] Re: Problem adding users to the PDC

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Thu Oct 14 14:32:46 GMT 2004

Users (S-1-5-32-545) is a local group. Domain users should have Domain
group from their domain as their primary group. I would recommend to
change mapping by removing 'Users -> users' map and adding 'Domain Users
-> users' one.

The problem can be also caused if you already have 'Domain Users ->
users' and add 'Users -> users' since Samba mapps gid -> SID by finding
the first SID -> gid mapping with the right gid and will fail if 'Users
-> users' is the first map it encounters.

Hope it helps,
Igor