[Samba] Looking for large-ish deployment advice

Krystian Filiks filiks at telesonique.com
Wed Oct 13 17:08:59 GMT 2004

What I mean is that the home dir is on a NFS share on whatewer server you
have in mind in the apropriate building and then use NIS to lookup what
server holds the share for this user.

This means in anyway that you will have to have a NIS DB with the username
and his home server for the lookup.

Maybe trying to asign different IP to people in different buildings and
using that info combined with the vbs script have the apropriate share
mapped?

This gives you other advantages like lets say you need to upgrade the
maschine of one user, just put couple of lines in his login script and the
next time he  logson his maschine gets updated, you can even run the login
script as the local administrator if need be by executing the
WSHShell.run("RUNAS /USER:Administrator ...)

Regards
/krystian