[Samba] Looking for large-ish deployment advice

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Wed Oct 13 17:04:52 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 18:47 +0200, Tarjei Huse wrote:
> The problem I'm having is figuring out a mechanism wherein the
> > > PDC or a login script will be smart enough to know which member server
> > > to connect to for their home directories.
>
> Well, if you use LDAP, you can set homedirs (and paths) and profileopaths for
> each user. Problem solved.

I did not know that sort of information could be accessed via samba in
an LDAP directory. Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it more
closely. Do you know of a specific piece of documentation that covers
that? I have not seen that in the Official howto, or in "by example",
and my knowledge of LDAP is sketchy at best.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Technology Coordinator