[Samba] Login with a NT 4.0 PDC

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Wed Oct 13 15:11:46 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 12:01 -0300, Bruno Lessa Cardoso wrote:
> I want to make a Samba Sever as amember of a Domain, using a Windows
> NT 4.0 as PDC. I have my smb.conf configured to do this, but users
> ca't connect on Samba useing the Windows NT account. Is it possible or
> I have to create them on a smbpasswd to make them login on it?

<snip>

>    security = user

Unless my understanding of SAMBA config and your needs is flawed, you
need to set security = domain, not security = user. This is the setting
that lets a SAMBA member server pass authentication requests to the PDC.
There is a good explanation of SAMBA security modes at
http://www.phptr.com/articles/article.asp?p=169560&seqNum=3
--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-