[Samba] Samba as gateway MIT kerberos

Warren Yuen warrenyuen at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:19:10 GMT 2004

Hi,

We have Windows2k machines connected and authenticated with Samba.  We also
have MIT kerberos for Linux systems.

What we want to do is using samba as a gateway, clients using Windows2k
machines can access their AFS file space.

We are trying to encrypt the usernames and passwords and send to samba side
which then decrypt and retrieve the plain-text password. Does Samba have
functionalites to get the AFS tickets and tokens? Any patches on Samba
required?

Or is there any "standard" or better way to work with this problem? PAM?

I've been looking for some detail descriptions of the following options. Are
these options relevant to my situation?

--with-afs
--with-fake-kaserver
--with-krb5=base-directory