[Samba] Samba and OpenLDAP Problem :((

Soheil Hassas Yeganeh soheil.h.y at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 15:31:37 GMT 2004

Dear All,
When i configured samba to use openldap for passdb backend, no one
could connect to it, (all workstation maked time out.)
But, pdbedit -L  works and prints all the users i've created.So, i
think everything about my ldap is right.
(I've used samba 2.x scheme on my openldap, so I used
ldapsam_compat:ldap://localhost/ for passdb backend.)
when i comment the LDAP lines of my smb.conf it works :)) i don't know
what's bad about it.
I'm using Samba 3.0.7 on fedora core 2. and my smb.conf is :
# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = CYBERMEHR
	server string = arthus
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50
	dns proxy = No
	passdb backend = ldapsam_compat:ldap://localhost/
	ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=cybermehr,dc=com
	ldap group suffix = ou=Group
	ldap machine suffix = ou=Hosts
	ldap suffix = dc=cybermehr,dc=com
	ldap ssl = no
	ldap user suffix = ou=People
	ldap filter = (&(uid=%u))
[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	browseable = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No
Does anyone know what can i do to make it work ?
Best Regards
Soheil