[Samba] Problems with samba shares locking in w2k ADS environment.

Jim Canfield jcanfield at tshmail.com
Tue Oct 12 14:43:56 GMT 2004

Greetings,

I have a Gentoo Linux machine running samba 3.0.7-r2

It's a member of a win2k ADS domain...all that seems to be working fine.

Problem:

When I share a directory on the Samba machine ADS members can see it,
browse it, and even create directories and small text files.  However,
if I try to drop anything large or binary, it lock up the win2k client
for about 2 minutes then resets.

Could this be a socket issue?  SMB logs for that client don't show
anything odd.

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
        netbios name = TSHTUX
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=16384 SO_SNDBUF=16384
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        workgroup = TSH