[Samba] page_log: no entries when printing from samba

Karsten Dello dello at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 11 19:03:40 GMT 2004

good evening,

if i print to our cups-server from a winxp-machine via the samba-server on the same machine  the job is done well.
i can also see the corresponding entry in http://...:631/jobs?which_jobs=completed

but no entry is made into /var/log/cups/page_log,
which i need for some kind of "basic" accounting.

on the client-side we use
the cups-printer-driver (rc3),
on the server-side we use cups 1.1.20 and samba 3.0.7.

if the cups server is used directly
(e.g. from another cups on another linux-box)
everything works fine.

any help would be appreciated,

karsten dello

--
Karsten Dello		| Freie Universitaet Berlin
dello at inf.fu-berlin.de	| Veterinaermedizinische Bibliothek