[Samba] Legal questions with jCIFS 0.8.2

Molly Williamson molly at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 11 17:25:48 GMT 2004

I work for IBM and our developers have used jCIFS 0.8.2 in our product.  We
are now going through legal approval and have some questions.

   If people submit code changes to your product, do you find out if the
   submitter has the right to distribute the code?  If so, do they need to
   sign any kind of statement?
   I couldn't find version 0.8.2 on your web site.  The legal question is
   how long has this version been available.  And, has the license changed?

Thanks much!!  I look forward to hearing from you!!

Molly Williamson
iSeries Access Project Manager
IBM Rochester, MN
Office: 507-253-5467  Tieline: 553-5467